The European meeting of bicycle travelers.
Bam 2018 – Thanks to all!
Collective ride 70, 130 and 50 Km along gravel roads.
Yoga meetings dedicated to the world of the two wheels.
Meetings, book presentations, bike stories.
Workshops for those who love the bicycle.
The BAM!, the European meeting of bicycle travelers is back.
In Mantua, from the 18th to 20th of May, the fourth edition of the European Bicycle Adventure Meeting, the appointment of bicycle travelers.
For those who pedal to go far, for those chasing the horizon, for those who push the pedals with their dreams.
The weight of the bike you come with doesn’t matter, either does if you decide to sleep in a tent sharing with others a roof of stars or if you choose a more comfortable accomodation: what really matters is to meet, once a year, to see each other and share stories and projects.
We do not deal with time or performance: the bike is only our philosophy.
FRIDAY 18th of MAY
6.00-8.00pm Aperitif for travelers with Antoniana Beer and gourmet food (it’s really really delicious.)
8.00-9.00pm Jam Session and Danny Zampiccoli, one of the best known faces of the mountains of Trentino and Veneto. If you have been to the Altissimo Refuge you know him for sure. He is a traveler on two wheels, and he will tell us his wonderful experiences. Like the bicycle trip to Auschwitz with his friends as a sign of peace. Play with us!
9.30pm Live Music with Cinque uomini sulla cassa del morto
SATURDAY 19th of MAY
7.00 – 8.30am BAM!70km and BAM!130km Non-competitive rides, french start.
4.00pm Workshop – Pedaling Video, how to tell your trip.
Equipment, shooting techniques, introduction to photography and editing, held by the outdoor video-maker Pier Francesco Macchi. Limited number. Cost: 30 euros per person (in case of bad weather the event will be suspended)
5.00pm Workshop: “Bike-packing: or, what the hell do I take on the road?” By La Stazione biciclette
5.30pm Alleycat Race – Adrenalin and Cheerfulness by bike
Race to urban areas in stages: 1 city map, 9 secret stages to discover and 4 fantastic prizes offered by Decathlon Curtatone.
For info and registrations: firstname.lastname@example.org
Award Ceremony at 6.30pm
6.00pm Cento Canesio, live art and auctioning of the work. The proceeds will be donated to the charity association “Families and skills paths of growth non-profit organizations”.
Exceptional auctioneer: Nure of Miss Grape.
- 3.00pm Willy Mulonia with the project Mister Nessuno (Mr.Nobody)
We are and you are the Mister Nessuno, people who love their passion and bring it into the world. Willy will tell us his next project to which you can participate as well!
- 3.30pm Grand Italian Trail: a dream come true. Presents Andrea Borchi
- 4.00pm Everyone at the Aperitif of the Mantovano Agriturism Consortium!
- 4.30pm Lucia Bruni and Cesare Pedrini with Traveling around the Mediterranean.
- 5.00pm Bikepacking Workshop
- 5.30pm Departure Alleycat Race
- 5.45pm Sergio Borroni and Mauro Bertolotto storytelling jam
- 6.30pm Marco Invernizzi with Around the world by bike.
- 7.00pm Award Ceremony Alleycat Race
- 7.15pm Traveling women “Se ce l’ho fatta io” (If I made it) and “Cicliste per Caso” (casually cyclists), with MONICA NANETTI, BRUNA BOLDRIN, ANNITA CASOLO, SILVIA GOTTARDI and LINDA RONZONI. In collaboration with Specialized italia.
- 7.45pm Dino Lanzaretti who does not need explanations. He is the legendary Dino. The great Dino who crossed the Siberia in winter.
9.00pm LIVE MUSIC WITH TRIODEGRADABILE: Trio with Poprockpunkpsychedelicfunkyhardheavyelettroacoustic tendencies
which aims to expel toxins accumulated from everyday bull**** and from the workweek!
SUNDAY 20th of MAY
8.00-9.30am BAM! 50km food and wine ride, to taste the beauty of the territory and the goodnees of the local products.
10.30am Live Music with the Fats 4. Awakening with jazz music for everyone!
3.00pm Children’s gymkhana
Timed obstacle course for children aged 6 to 11 divided into categories based on the age. At the end, bike prizes offered by Città del Sole of Mantua.
Free participation. In collaboration with UISP Mantova.
For info and registrations: email@example.com
- 11.30am Life in travel: traveling with dogs
- 12.00pm Volker Schmidt Adventure Cycling Association
- 12.30pm MSP Rocco Filidoro: How to quit your job, buy a bicycle and be able to finish a divide in 30 days.
- 1.00pm Ride to New Year – a ride for all of 365km to celebrate the beginning and the end together. With Simone of Witoor.
- 1.30pm Pierre, vegan cyclist, world traveler.
- 2.00pm Myesyroute the new app for cyclists of Verde Natura! Riccardo Sedola
SAT 19th – 8.45am and 10.45am
An easy cycle around the city parks of Mantua accompanied by a hiking guide that will illustrate the history and the two nature reserves close to the historic center with some “photographically interesting” stops to admire the city skyline from a distance.
Time: about 2.5 hours going and back
Length: around 10 km route on bike path and city streets
Departure: La Zanzara Stand
Participation fee: 7 euros each
BAM!, in collaboration with 3T, presents the first photography contest linked to the European gathering of bicycle travelers.
Photograph your BAM !, the departure from home, the trip, the friends, the party, the camping and the cycling!
Upload the photo on Instagram using the hashtag #3tbam, and try to win a beautiful frame 3T Exploro!
Food service with Trentino’s typical products and three Sentier gifts for the first three participants with the following characteristics:
1) cyclist with folding bike
2) cyclist with single speed bike
3) cyclist with cart for animals / children or things.
The food service will be unexpectedly positioned on the path!
SAT 19th and SUN 20th – From 10am to 5pm
A bike ride through the most beautiful views of Mantua sipping
a glass in good company!
You can rent your Brompton.